Topic: Local Artists wanted for Radio KFAC-LP 105.5 FM Twisp, WA

I am looking to expand my local artist playlist on the Twisp Legion Hall FM Station 105.5 KFAC. If anyone is looking to get local radio play I am willing and able to play it as long as it isn't profane and at my own discretion as station programming manager. No vulgarity allowed. What do you want to hear? I would like to hear an even greater and more extensive library of Methow Music. I am listening right now as Emele Clothier sings from the CD she gave me. Get me your sounds methow valley. I want to turn your music into radio waves on 105.5 FM Twisp.

2 (edited by DonM 07/11/17 4:50 PM)

Re: Local Artists wanted for Radio KFAC-LP 105.5 FM Twisp, WA

So how does one get in touch with you to deliver a CD?

Don McIvor

I am generally easy to reach by phone to schedule a drop off at the American Legion Hall in Twisp at 626 Bridge Street.
Cell: (509)997-5838
Home (509)997-0368
Legion Hall (509)997-5322

Mail:
American Legion Post 0143
PO Box 843
Twisp, WA 98856

Email: Commander@AmericanLegion.info for mp3's. My box can handle up to 25 MB.

I qm looking forward to getting your CD on the airwaves.

I got a few songs that I've been working on. I'm no professional but it would be something else having other people hear it. Maybe you know someone that has recording equipment so you can listen to it and then maybe play it on the radio.

We recorded an album a few years ago that you are welcome to check out on our bandcamp.  Every song is pretty different and we consider it a concept album to be listened to all the way through but I'm sure some could fit on the radio.
  Track nine and ten are probably most radio friendly.
https://mirrorfauna.bandcamp.com/

Right on!!! It seems from this post I have received 10 CD's already. I just downloaded your album "Alexander". Peter delivered 2 CD's with himself playing drums. Thanks Lynette for your music and poems. "Cars For Sale" I know of many recording studios in the valley including my own. I would love to hear what you have. I am so impressed by the level of talent residing here in the Methow. Thanks everyone. Keep listening and let me know the reach of our little FM Station. I have heard this little FM station from Carlton to Winthrop reaching into Mazama along the river...."And the listener line is open". Keep the requests coming in. 997-5322 ...OK Laura. I will get your request on the air soon....

You should contact one of the McLean sisters that still live in the Valley.  Their father Ron McLean was a prolific folk singer and recorded a significant library of his original work. 

I don't know if it was ever digitized but Kit or Sheela would certainly know.

Garry Dufresne

I think I have heard of the MUSIC of Ron McLean. My friend Scott Goodman brought me old recordings on cassette tape and I was able to run them through my studio and they are now being played on KFAC-LP 105.5 FM Twisp. I looked for Ron McLean on youtube.com and didn't find his music. I looked in the telephone book and found one listing for a McLean. I am not sure where to go with finding this music collection of Ron McLean but I am quite interested. Any further assistance would be appreciated.

Looking for Local Music for 105.5 FM Twisp.

I am looking forward to checking out the station!

I loved hearing Ron McLean and all the performers at The Pine Stump Symphony many many years ago.

I am looking for local music and sounds for KFAC-LP 105.5 FM Twisp Washington. We are a low power non-profit FM Radio Station owned and broadcast by American Legion Post 0143 Methow Valley. Have you ever tuned in? Feedback is appreciated.