Topic: Town of Winthrop Job Announcement
The Town of Winthrop is accepting applications for a Public Works Assistant.
Duties: Under supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and repair work related to parks, streets, water and sewer within the Public Works Department. Duties include construction, repair, and maintenance of town streets, parks, water supply & distribution, sewer treatment & collection systems. Includes, heavy lifting, the ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions and to be available for emergency call outs. Requires some weekend and overtime work.
· Graduation from high school or G.E.D.
· Possession of a valid Washington State driver's license at the time of appointment or the acquisition of one within fifteen (15) days, and a clean driving record.
· Possession and maintenance of a valid Class B, Washington State Commercial Driver's license with a Tank Vehicle endorsement, at the time of appointment and a clean driving record, or the attainment of such license within 4 months of appointment.
· Attain Washington State, Water Distribution Manager Operator In-Training Certification and a Wastewater Operator In-Training Certification within 9 months from appointment.
· Attain and maintain a Washington State, Water Distribution Manager I Certification and a Wastewater Operator Group I Certification within 26 months from appointment.
· Valid Flagger and First Aid/CPR Cards and Confined Space Entry Certification, or ability to obtain within 12 months.
· $ 2,685/mo — $2,985/mo DOQ
· Medical Insurance, PERS Retirement, Vacation, Holidays, Sick leave.
A complete job description & application can be picked up at Winthrop Town Hall, 206 Riverside WA 98862 or by calling (509) 996-2320.Position open until filled. First application review will be Monday, July 30, 2018. The Town of Winthrop is an equal opportunity employer.