Topic: Vote For Winthrop - Best Northwestern Small Town!

Winthrop is in the running for USA Today's Best Northwestern Small Town 2017 Award!

You can vote once a day through Monday April 24th. Here is the link where you can go and vote.

http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-northwestern-small-town/winthrop-washington/

Come on folks let's win this thing!

Susan Finn, Twisp WA

2 (edited by AlaskaShooTer 04/19/17 2:04 PM)

Re: Vote For Winthrop - Best Northwestern Small Town!

It is????

Why doesn't it have any law enforcement officers employed?  Must be part of the Western Theme thing.  Once a month the territorial Marshal comes through town with a horse drawn jail cell and hauls in any scoff laws that need to be out of town by sunset.   

I tend to disagree.

George Brown
Twisp, WA

But the competition includes such luminaries as Sequim, WA, Wallace, ID, and Hood River, OR.  Are you really still a small town if you have a Wal-Mart?

David Bonn

Post removed for lack of signature.  Please give your full name when posting on opinion threads.  Thank you. BB Staff

Jane Doe

> differentviewthanyou wrote:

> maybe the fact that a police presence in Winthrop is obviously not needed qualifies it as a great small town.

Right, and no one every dies unattended in Winthrop which requires a police presence.  Glad everyone in Winthrop is immortal or plans to leave town when they kick the bucket, commit suicide etc.

Or the next wildfire approaches Winthrop.  To bad no one was available to warn you to evacuate as the fire approached.  Almost burned you up 2 years ago when Twin Lakes subdivision was in the crosshairs of the fire.  Luckily no one was hurt and enough air resources were already in the valley they stopped the fire before it reached Winthrop.  But the threat was there.   

People sleep well at night thinking they are safe until a serial killer comes to town.  I worked in LE for over 20 years and we had several come to the capital city of Alaska who killed local people before we caught them and locked them up. 

Crime never needs fighting till it arrives on your doorstep.  At your vehicle door, while you are shopping.  Granted crime is fairly low in the valley but it only takes one nut case to spoil the crime free streak and shock folks back to reality that there are some really BAD people out and about.   

We down valley will try to keep all our crack addicts, meatheads and crazy folks down here so as not to disturb the crime free Winthrop area.

George Brown
Twisp, WA

Don't forget to vote again today!

Susan Finn, Twisp WA

Winthrop is a beautiful place, and a fun place to visit.  I feel so blessed to be living here.  I will put my votes in!!  Lauri Martin

Keep voting folks! Ever day through Monday April 24th.

There really are only 4 we should be competing with.  The rest are much closer to the 10,000 limit.

Winthrop 413
Wallace ID 781
Talkeetna AK 876
Cooke City, MT 140

Here is the link where you can go and vote.

http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-northwestern-small-town/winthrop-washington/

Susan Finn, Twisp WA