Topic: Anyone know a shipping company to Portland from twisp

I am looking to ship a couch to Portland from Twisp does anybody have any recommendations of a moving company or shipping company.

Re: Anyone know a shipping company to Portland from twisp

What do you expect to pay for this service?  When I moved to the Methow it was $1.00 a pound.  That was 12 years ago.  Probably more now.

George Brown
Twisp, WA

Oak Harbor Frieght Lines

Rick Lewis

Oak Harbor shipped a five foot cast iron kitchen sink from Mohawk NY to my house in Carlton, tared at 495, for around 400 bucks.  They rock.

Judy Brezina

2nd OHFL worked for them.Needs to be wrapped up real good to protect the couch.Freight business very dirty.Standing upright on a pallet and strapped down works best.

I'm going to Portland on Thursday. How big is the couch? Is it ready to go?

Don McIvor
Twisp WA

Big River Freight is another option.  Freight companies do a lot of cross docking, so a call to other freight companies would likely be picked up by Big River.  Good luck.

8 (edited by kmac8414 06/12/18 10:44 PM)

I'm the logistics manager at Bear Ck Lbr.  I just sent a flatbed out today, with nothing on it for an outbound reload, so he left empty, going home to Portland.  If you ever have freight needs I may be able to help.  I'm always looking to fill Semi flatbed outbound loads, partials, hot shots, or local areas on our own truck, so pls contact me if you need to move some freight! 509-860-8052 .

Karen McCauley